I could survive on roughage, fruit, water, coffee and chocolate for the rest of my life. That is a thesis sentence that may shatter the souls of many foodies out there, however, once you make this recipe, your views on roughage and grain may change.
A recipe trend that is on the rise, hippie bowls, aka power bowls (depending on what you choose to put in them) appears to be all the rage among vegans, vegetarians, and moms on the go, like me.
This one is easy, cheap and a kid pleaser… #winning!
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 small sweet potato, scrubbed clean and cut into 1/2 inch chunks
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas (if canned rinsed, drained and dried off)
- 1 purple onion coarsely chopped and caramelized
- 1 can black beans rinsed and drained
- Maries chipotle ranch dressing (just a drizzle)
- Just the Hemp hearts for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350
- In a large bowl combine the sweet potato, olive oil kosher salt and smoked paprika Toss sweet potatoes and lay on parchment paper. Do the same with chickpeas in and lay out separately. Place on a prepared baking sheet and roast in the oven until lightly browned on all sides (about 35 minutes for the chickpeas, 60 minutes for the sweet potatoes).
- When roasting is done add all ingredients, top with hemp hearts and drizzle chipotle ranch sauce
I have done many renditions of this including:
- South western hippie bowls
- Veggie hippie bowls
- Breakfast hippie bowl
Let me know what renditions you come up with, and which ones you like the most?